Prev: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/? Next: Re: OFF List for a week

Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?

From: Infojunky <infojunky@c...>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 20:10:20 +0100
Subject: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> I agree that BITS, as a licensee with a similar product, wouldn't
necessarily be as
> interested in FMA (since ACQ exists). At the same time, BITS isn't the
only licensee. And
> the other point is that FMA isn't even out yet.

I think I really don't need a FMA set tailored to trav, I just want the
generic rules. As much as I love Traveller a specific game is probably
not all that necessary.

> However, SG2 and DS2 are both out. Establishing a Traveller conversion
for either of these
> should be a workable project.

And really doesn't need as much work as some fans would say.

> And ACQ does not cover the same territory as either of these
> games. Striker II is the only thing that does.
>
> Note also that Mayday, High Gaurd, Brilliant Lances, etc. all existed
and PP:E/PP:F both
> came into existence despite that.

It probably has something to do with the inherant complexies that
drifted into traveller and blind some of the more energetic players. In
that the complexities are what they are after before the play has even
started, a good prime example of this is Star Fleet Battles.

> I'm not saying it's something that would happen, but it sure seems to
me there is already
> a market of Traveller RPG players and a lot of folks who'd wargame in
the background even
> if they didn't RPG in it. And some who might do neither, but would
still buy the books for
>  collections, to read and imagine.

Yep that is true also.

--
Evyn

"Scientia Est Potentia"

http://ceecom.net

Prev: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/? Next: Re: OFF List for a week