Prev: Re: [FT] Next: RE: Beta Fighter game report

Re: Beta Fighter game report

From: J L Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:50:06 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Beta Fighter game report

--- "laserlight@quixnet.net" <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:
> Your comment isn't entirely clear but I think you mean "the missile
> volley will arrive with the ship and thus have a velocity of 1000"
> etc.

Yes.

> But the point in this case is that the ship has to arrive within
> 30mu (if using standard SMR) and survive a turn's fire before
> launching.

OK, Yep.

> >Second, those long range HV strikes are only an issue
>
> ...if you want your PSB to be consistent, you have to account for the
> absence of fraction-C strikes, and you can't rely on "we're all too,
> too civilized, old boy".

We rely on "you blow up my planet, I blow up 5 of yours".  M.A.D. kind
of thing.

> Oerjan is saying that it doesn't affect how fighters attack each
> other or ships; you're right that it does affect how fighters receive
> attacks.

It does affect their attacks, since when out of CEF, they are no longer
allowed to make attacks.  Though this is probably the easiest part of
CEF to do away with.

Prev: Re: [FT] Next: RE: Beta Fighter game report