Prev: Re: GZG ECC Painting Clinic Next: Re: Fixing salvo missiles

RE: Fixing salvo missiles

From: J L Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:29:56 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: Fixing salvo missiles

--- Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu> wrote:
> ***
<snip SM peeves>
> ***
>
> Boy, did I get a wrong number!
>
> Sorry I misunderstood your objections; I guess my 'bell curve'
> suggestion looked almost like an insult. I thought you were objecting
> to a) no opportunity for all misses unless defended, and b) that
> possibilities of hits were linear.

No problem.  My original post was kind of vague on this.

> However, I suppose I assume the SM's initially disperse randomly for
> whatever PSB is necessary, and, as dispersed, would be more random as
> to aquiring targets. Unfortunately, target's speed, manuvering, et
> al., probably should be considered, but would make figuring final
roll
> tortuous.
>
> PSB in this case might be, however you may be speeding and twisting
> along, some missle is pointed in your general direction.

However, while this explains the "1d6 lock on", the logical extension
is that the missiles that don't lock on to the nearest target should
get to roll for other viable targets.  <shrug>

Prev: Re: GZG ECC Painting Clinic Next: Re: Fixing salvo missiles