Prev: Re: New weapons from Beta Test fleets Next: Testing: Again

All this talk of p-torps n stuff...(IJN tweaks)

From: Inire <inire@y...>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 23:16:08 -0800 (PST)
Subject: All this talk of p-torps n stuff...(IJN tweaks)

so i went through with the spreadsheet and madified
all the IJN stats I have (using the PDF i got last
year or the year previous taht got onto
star-ranger.com (IIRC).

Looking at the stats (And having played the IJN _many
times_ against mixed fleets, but my nemesis being the
NSL), I've decided that having close in weapons is
useless: the hulls are all so relatively weak that by
the time battle is engaged in earnest I cannot sustain
fire nor damage.

Of course, I haven't been using fighters wisely,
either, but thats another story. I should note that
once the threat of fighters was raised, my main
opponent modded some strikeboats into PDS/AFDC
platforms _just_ to mitigate that threat. :-/

so: given that the hulls are light, the drives are
biggish and the weapons many, i stripped all SMs,
submunitions packs and replaced them with available
PTs, filling in on odd #s with the occasional 1-beam
or trading an existing 1-beam into a 2-beam with the
change i had left. Only one ship had a hull block
added to keep the numbers straight, IIRC.

If anyone has any interest, I'll post the designs as
set.

if any of the playetesters from that neck of the woods
has any interest in comment or feedback, I'd really
love to hear it.

Jeff "My dice hate me!" Fearnow
Gaming to keep War out of RealTime!

"'DESTROY THE WITNESSES!!. Chaffing aside, I have no answer: I Excrete
Sour Cream!" www.wigu.com, 29 Jan 2003

XT350/DOD#1890

AND don't forget: Serenity releases 30 September!

Prev: Re: New weapons from Beta Test fleets Next: Testing: Again