Prev: Re: Beta Fighter game report Next: Re: New weapons from Beta Test fleets

Re: Beta Fighter game report

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:50:52 -0500
Subject: Re: Beta Fighter game report

>First, under the current rules, if a ship comes zipping past at 1000 V,
a missile volley with arrive at a fixed target at 1000 +/- 24, yet
there is no modifier toany rules for their velocity.  Thus this is not
a consideration under the current rules.

Your comment isn't entirely clear but I think you mean "the missile
volley
will arrive with the ship and thus have a velocity of 1000" etc.  But
the
point in this case is that the ship has to arrive within 30mu (if using
standard SMR) and survive a turn's fire before launching.

>Second, those long range HV strikes are only an issue

...if you want your PSB to be consistent, you have to account for the
absence of fraction-C strikes, and you can't rely on "we're all too, too
civilized, old boy".

>Third, HV missiles only build up velocity turn-to-turn independent of
the launching ship if they have the feature of multiple turn
persistance.

True but if they retain the launching ship's velocity, it's still a
problem.

>That is true for the FB rules, but not for the Beta rules.  Since the
CEF rules are central to the Beta "capital weapons vs fighters" rules.

Oerjan is saying that it doesn't affect how fighters attack each other
or
ships; you're right that it does affect how fighters receive attacks.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: Beta Fighter game report Next: Re: New weapons from Beta Test fleets