Prev: Re: Testing for life Next: Re: Testing for life

Re: [VV] Agility

From: Inire <inire@y...>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:09:20 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [VV] Agility

I also wonder whether dodge actions could come before,
after or simply modify the actions of SMs and all
that.

since FT is WYSIWYG as far as missiles, I guess it
would be better to allow a dodge move, but it rankles
me from a 'pure vector' standpoint. :-/

--- Laserlight <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:
> > Here's the thing, though.  If it takes equipment
> of A mass to
> displace
> > in X, then if you wish simillar capability to
> displace in Y, you
> will
> > need equipment of A mass oriented on the Y axis.
> >
> > So it's simple:  You want to thrust in multiple
> vectors
> > simultaneously, purchase and instal multiple MDs.
>
> Except
> a) MD is for extended continuous use, and "dodge
> drives" would be more
> for high-thrust / low-duration bursts. The "dodge
> drive" would change
> your position by less than one mu over a turn.
>
> b) MD, even MD13, doesn't make your end position
> more unpredictable
> WRT incoming beams, etc.--if you happen to end up in
> range and arc,
> you get hit the same no matter what your MD is.
>
> So you need something other than MD.	Mass 5%/level
> seems reasonable
> although I suspect that 2 points/mass is too cheap.

Jeff "My dice hate me!" Fearnow
Gaming to keep War out of RealTime!

"'DESTROY THE WITNESSES!!. Chaffing aside, I have no answer: I Excrete
Sour Cream!" www.wigu.com, 29 Jan 2003

XT350/DOD#1890

AND don't forget: Serenity releases 30 September!

Prev: Re: Testing for life Next: Re: Testing for life