Prev: Re: Salvo Missile Question Next: Re: War of the Worlds -- Martian Technology

Re: OT: still seeing spam

From: Aaron Teske <mithramuse@y...>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 05:33:32 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: OT: still seeing spam

Oddly enough, all of them are coming through to me dated
February 14th, so I have to scroll back in the list to clear
them out every now and then...not sure if others are seeing the
same thing or not?  (Or maybe I just save too many messages....)

'Til later,
Aaron

--- David Brewer <davidbrewer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Frits Kuijlman wrote:
> >
> > I am still getting several spams a day on this list. As
> > far as I can see in the header it is not spoofed but
> > actually sent via the list. Is there anything that can be
> > done about this? Stricter filtering/matching of membership
> > of senders or something?
> >
> > Compared to the rest of the spam I get it is not much, but
> > it is irritating.
>
> I'm getting them too, but I don't think they are passing as
> regular list-mail. If I read the headers correctly (I'm no
> expert), it isn't going via the majordomo list traffic but
> cuts into the csua.b.e bulk mailing program that the
> majordomo list uses.
>
> Perhaps csua.b.e has been compromised or misconfigured to
> provide an open relay for spammers.
>
> --
> David Brewer
>
> "The mentally disturbed do not employ the Theory of Scientific
> Parsimony: the most simple theory to explain a given set of
> facts." - P.K.Dick (from VALIS)

Tired of spam?	Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: Salvo Missile Question Next: Re: War of the Worlds -- Martian Technology