Prev: Indy You Evil Genus! Next: Re: Indy You Evil Genus!

War of the Worlds

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 20:50:34 +0000
Subject: War of the Worlds

Like GZGECC didn't give me enough inspiration to get back to work on
painting....

There's not one, not two, but THREE different versions of H.G. Well's
_War
of the Worlds_ being filmed right now...the archetypal alien invasion
story.

The Spielberg version, set in the here (in other words, the U.S.) and
now,
is coming out this summer.  Sometime later this year is a British
version,
which uses the period and setting of the novel itself.

And then there's the CGI film, based on Jeff Wayne's excellent *musical*

version...from which these animation samples come:

http://www.waroftheworldsonline.com/movies/clip.htm
http://www.waroftheworldsonline.com/movies/clip2.htm

Don't remember any airships in the book, but what can you do?  If I get
see the death of the Thunder Child done well in any of these, I'll be
happy.

  John Crimmins

Prev: Indy You Evil Genus! Next: Re: Indy You Evil Genus!