Prev: Re: Ground Zero Games Convention/Interesting game construct Next: Re: Ground Zero Games Convention/Interesting game construct

Re: Ground Zero Games Convention/Interesting game construct

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 14:02:43 -0500
Subject: Re: Ground Zero Games Convention/Interesting game construct

Carlos Lourenco wrote:

> Another, limited,  example I thought of would be a FT battle where an
> outcome could be a boarding action-FMA style. Perhaps a little more
> manageable than say a massive planetary assault, which could be done,
> but it would be a time and resource issue.
>
> Say ships raid a specific thing, like a defense or research station.
> if they get past the defenses they dispatch the FMA away team to board
> and recover whatever they're going after. Meanwhile the FT guys are
> fighting a holding action to buy time for the FMA guys to accomplish
> their mission and get back to the ship.
>
> The whole command system could be overlayed on top of this.

IIRC, Aaron Neuman and Mike Ritchie did something like this a few ECCs
back (ECC IV, specifically), but without the overlaying command
structure.
There was an FT/EFSB game being run next to an FMA game, where the FMA
game was the boarding action. I don't remember all the details. The two
scenarios were called Psi War 2264 (Bester's Gambit and Ivanova's Last
Stand).

The scenario descriptions can be found here:
http://www.warpfish.com/gzgecc/gzgecc4/schedule.shtml

Mk