Prev: Re: [CON] Weight Of Command Planning Board made public... Next: Re: The GZG ECC 8 Quote Board

Re: Victory By Any Means Games -- Any Comments?

From: Jon Davis <davisje@n...>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 01:28:21 -0500
Subject: Re: Victory By Any Means Games -- Any Comments?

Damond Walker wrote:

> Has anyone seem this book?  It seems like it would be handy for FT
> campaigns.
>
> Star Ranger blurb: http://www.star-ranger.com/VBAM.htm
>

> Damo

:-)  Funny you should ask.   I bought a copy of the electronic
version a week ago for $15.  If you'd have asked this question
a few days ago, I could have made a print out for you to look
at at the convention.

I've briefly skimmed over the rules and like what I see.  It
looks like a versatile campaign system for Full Thrust scenario
generation and provides rules for various types of fleet encounters.

Maps include "hyperspace lanes" between star systems, so movement
is regulated from system to system.  The rules have generic combat
rules for space and ground combat, so you could use the campaign
rules to generate either FT games or DS games.

One thing I like about it is that fleets have maintenance costs,
so there is an upper limit on the size of a fleet that your
economy can support.  I can recall playing in a space campaign game
where this wasn't the case and massive fleets were built and the
game became unwieldy.

I picked it up at RPGNow and paid with Paypal.

Jon

Prev: Re: [CON] Weight Of Command Planning Board made public... Next: Re: The GZG ECC 8 Quote Board