Prev: Re: GZG-ECC 8 report Next: Re: The GZG ECC 8 Quote Board

The GZG ECC 8 Quote Board

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:08:55 -0500
Subject: The GZG ECC 8 Quote Board

Greetings everyone,

I haven't had any time to write up an AAR yet, but I did manage to get
some
time to transcribe the Quote Board! Weren't as many quotes, it seemed,
as
in years past. But this is not for lack of quotes - mainly, I think, it
was
for lack of time to write the quotes down! (there were numerous
quotables
in several games I ran/played in, but no one had time to remember them
write on the board later). I'd like to point out that the hotel catering
sales manager (Lisa Dawn) even got quoted at one point.

Mind you, I tried to transcribe the best I could read. Some of the
writing
was difficult to discern, but I think I got it all. If there is a
misquote
or a mis-attribute, I cannot be held accountable; below is what was on
the
quote pages. Corrections are welcome, though, so we can get the
attributions
and quotes correct for posting to the ECC webpage.

Now, without further dialogue, I present to you, The GZG ECC 8 Quote
Board!

Indy
------
			GZG ECC 8 Quote Board

			Friday (Feb 25, 2005)

JP (randomly overheard conversation): "We're all surprised you're
alive."

Doug Perrins: "How fast am I going?"
Jerry Han: "I *hope* you know how fast you're going"
Doug Perrins: "That takes all the fun out of it!
(from Full Thrust Frag)

"And you're pointed at the bum-end of no where!"
(overheard from an FT battle)

John Lerchey (Last 'Bot Standing): "GMing you guys is like…herding
cats!"

John Crimmins: "It's a riot control vehicle."
Steve Barosi: "It's a *rent* *controlled* vehicle?"
John Crimmins: "Right, rent controlled. Why do you think we're still
living in
it?"

Unknown (Last 'Bot Standing): "I can't wait to see the lack of effective
fire."

Tom McCarthy: "I got a Cub Scout badge in 'Bayonetting the Wounded'."

John Lerchey (Last 'Bot Standing): "Wow. Violent. Teeny Bopper on Teeny
Bopper."

John Lerchey (Last 'Bot Standing): "The Kochte Field is in full effect
tonite!"

Jerry Han (Full Thrust Frag): "If someone would roll a 99 or 00, we
would SEE
what a Nova Cannon does."

Tony Finan: "Wet Zombie T-Shirt contest!"

Kr'rt: "How did *I* get to be commander?"
Kevin Fox: "You have the hat…"

Tom McCarthy: "I have my Cub Scout badge for 'Bayonetting Prisoners'!"

Jon Mark Davis: "This is a red avalanche…of your blood…in space." (as
he rolls
24 dice for 24 damage)
Random reply: "He's so nice and sweet, isn't he?"

Jerry Han (Full Thrust Frag): "He can't escape on a wrapped table."
Chan Faunce: "Oh yes he can!" (points to black hole)

Jerry Han (Full Thrust Frag): "Beth, you have 1 hour for a miraculous
recovery."
Beth: "You know me better than that, Jerry."

Jerry Han (Full Thrust Frag): "There are no friends when you only have 2
hull
boxes left."

Grant Ladue: "She keeps falling down, it's not my fault" (but his ship
falls
over for a 3rd time)

Jerry Han (Full Thrust Frag): "Doug, you need a 16 on a d6 to avoid the
asteroid…

Jerry Han (later the same game): "You need a 33 on a d6, Beth." (and
yes, she
rolled a '1').

		Saturday, Feb 26, 2005, Morning session:

Aaron Teske (Full Sail!): "Sir Francis Drake? Didn't he circumcise the
world?"

Aaron Teske (in response to the above quote): "Haven't you people read
Anguished English?"

Nick Caldwell (in Stuart's most excellent Cinegrunt game): "When I woke
up this
morning, riding a jellyfish wasn't the first thing on my mind."

Unknown (Zombies in da Hood): "Do we have a feeding chit?"

Calr Scheu: "The only reason you rolled a six is because it wouldn't
matter."

Chris DeBoe (Cinegrunt - "A Small Matter of the Bonus…?"): "The company
pays
for success."

John Lerchey (Return to Gramicci Pass): "You can't silence my artillery,
it
needs the freedom of speech."

			Saturday Afternoon

Jon Davis (upon learning of a street preacher woman having stopped by):
"Did we
get any quotes?" (Jerry Han is commended to dissuading the woman from
interrupting too many game sessions and finding other avenues to explore
outside of the con room)

Phil Pournelle (our Roman-Catholic warmonger): "Dan didn't come here to
listen
to you and I argue theology."

Doug Perrins (to Mike Hudak, Cheese Game): "You brought a tank."
Mike Hudak: "You brought 55 cheese points of a unit!" (the tank unit had
value of 16)

Laserlight (aka, Chris DeBoe) (explaining his squad of sheep in the con
Queso
game): "I'm Darth Baa"

Paul Jacobus (Carnage con Queso): "The problem is ninjas stole my
cheese."

Kr'rt Wasserman: "Just because we're Zombies doesn't mean we forgot what
bacon
smells like" (as he gazed longingly at a burning truck of soldiers)

Unknown (Carnage con Queso): "What is the impact damage of a falling
sheep?"

To better explain the above quote, Mike Hudak placed a card on Chris
DeBoe's
squad (Darth Baa and imperial stormsheep). The sheep went baa-serk and
leapt
over a cliff to get at Beth's "nuns with guns". The card read:

NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH SHEEP…
This card has nothing whatsoever to do with sheep. However, your forces
engage
in a sudden channeling of strange sheepish energy. You can use this card
against any other player (NOT the Referee), at any time. Their unit must
make a
confidence test with a -2 penalty. If they fail, they retreat direction
2d6
inches away from the nearest unit. They feel extremely sheepish about
this
embarrassing incident. If, however, you use this card against Chris
DeBoe, and
his unit fails the confidence test, they will become enraged and charge
2d6
inches directly towards the nearest unit (which may initiate a close
assault if
his unit contacts another unit). If you ARE Chris DeBoe and you get this
card,
it has no effect at all. Heh. No really, if you are Chris you can use it
as
normal (but not on yourself).

Tom Tongue (Ancient Eyes Always Watching): "Here comes some Sa'Vasku
Love" (as
he throws 22 dice for 12 points damage)

Jerry Cantrell (Ancient Eyes…): "This ship is no longer venting - you
see
through him."

Unknown (Barbarians At The Gate): They're good. They're frosty."
Unknown 2: "That's good 'cause the rest of your crew is a bunch of
flakes!"

Adrian Johnson (Carnage con Queso): "It's a stabilized wounded dead
guy."

Indy (referring to Mike Hudak's Carnage con Queso activities): "How's
the
media?"
Mike Hudak: "Brun Hilda is still alive."
Indy: "You have a tank?"
Mike: "It's hung up on a pod of cheese."

J.P. Fiset (Sky Full of Stars): "Which missiles are the most dangerous?"
Jim Bell: "The ones that hit."

Kevin Fox (Carnage con Queso): "You tried to run over [Brun Hilda] four
times
with a tank and missed and now a sheep with a sniper rifle shoots her
from half
a mile away." (referring to Mike Hudak's repeated attempts to flatten
Brun
Hilda)

Unknown (Barbarians at the Gate): I'm deploying my infantry. That gives
me two
guided missiles."
Unknown 2: "Great. Now we can miss twice."

Damond Walker (Ancient Eyes): "Keep your tentacles to yourself!" (in
response
to a Sa'Vasku BB jumping into normal space less than 6 inches from his
ESU BC)

Greg Davis (Carnage con Queso): "I spent too many points on machine
guns!!"
(Greg had only one good round of fire for the whole game - which he used
wipe out Beth's last 3 Nuns-with-Guns).

Chris DeBoe (Carnage con Queso, after Greg Davis eliminated Beth's "Nuns
With
Guns"): "Poor Beth, she has 'nun' left…"

Joel Frock: "If you're dead, rotting is a free action."

			Saturday Evening:

Carl Scheu (GM of Between a Rock and a Reinforcement): "I can't take you
guys
without chemical adjustment!" (as he grabs a beer and downs half of it)

Chris DeBoe(?) (FMA Sheep): "Roll a d4 for the puppy's defense."

Grant Ladue (Between a Rock…): "You're going to have to kill it with
all your
rear fire."

Navigator of FSE light cruiser (Between a Rock…): "Uh….Fleet? We have
problem…" (seconds before said ship slammed into an asteroid; all hands
were
lost).

Beth Fulton (Weight of Command): "I'm ALREADY going to be
court-martialed for
what HE did!" (Just before firing her fusion gun, disallowed per the
ROE, Rules
of Engagement)

Kr'rt Wasserman (Weight of Command): "Every time I come out of HQ
there's more
cotton on the table."

			Sunday Morning (Feb 27, 2005):

Aaron Newman (Alien Vs. Predator): You only need a jump gate if you
live."

Nick Caldwell (Space: 1899): "The real question is not 'Is all plotting
done?'
but 'Are movement orders written?'. Because the plotting never ends."

Indy (to Jerry Han when he walked in on The Bigger They Are…): "They
first 1s
have been rolled.
Beth Fulton: "And not by me."

Aaron Neuman (Alien Vs Predator): "Congratulations - you are now a man."
(after
Tony's Predator killed an alien in melee)

Tom Tongue (Space: 1899): "What good is conquering Belgium if you don't
have
the syrup to go with it?"

Jim Bell (Alien Vs Predator): "…but the trueborn…"
Aaron Neuman: "'Trueborn', nice, I'll remember that one."

Chris DeBoe: "The guy who's dead went prone also."

Unknown (Space:1899): "The Evil Martian Aliens Reveal Themselves to be
French!"

Carl Scheu: "When dice are being rolled, the odds are *never* in my
favor."

Mike Hudak (The Bigger They Are…"): "No, wait, I have infantry that can
shoot."
(while the OGRE Mk III was running over/ramming into the tanks)

Marine player to corporate rep (Alien vs. Predator): "There's something
with
wavy tentacles in the window - can we assume that's not a civilian?"
Corp rep: "I've never met the research staff personally. We do have very
liberal hiring policies."

Chris DeBoe (Alien vs. Predator, to Corporate security who had just been
face-hugged): "Congratulations! Your transfer to R&D has just been
approved!"

Lisa Dawn, hotel catering sales manager: "Oh, now don't go getting nerdy
on
me!" (to David 'DLD' Dunn after he made a "docking clamps" comment to
her)

Grant Ladue (The Bigger They Are…): "Okay, daddy needs a boom chit" (as
he
fired at an armoured 7 OGRE module with an MDC/3)

John Lerchey (The Bigger They Are…): "Is that APC alive?"
Mike Hudak: "Yes"
John Lerchey: "Oh, nice." (followed by a Big Grin as he pulled the
measuring
tape from the Ogre to the soon-to-be ex-APC)

Tomb (during clean-up, in a randomly overheard conversation): "...the
snapping
of latex gloves..."

Prev: Re: GZG-ECC 8 report Next: Re: The GZG ECC 8 Quote Board