Prev: Re: Problem with shiptools. Next: Re: Problem with shiptools.

Re: [semi-OT] NYT article on War(hammer)gaming

From: "steve barosi" <krimso@m...>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:56:17 -0500
Subject: Re: [semi-OT] NYT article on War(hammer)gaming

>>Not wanting to sound like I'm nagging, but if you respond to a thread
like
this one, please snip out the rest of the message.

Sorry about not deleting the rest of the post.	I had already read the
article in the paper that morning and consequently didn't scroll down.
I hadn't realized that the whole article was posted there.

<grin> Actually, I'd think it's a good thing for NASA to support
wargaming,
but I didn't see anything about that in the article -- just GW.

But its appeal wasn't lost on Mike Wampler, sales manager at the
Space Center in Houston, who invited Games Workshop to hold its
tournament there to pep up the slow season, when only 1,100
visitors might show up on a Saturday. He also invited the
Pokimon Rocks tour on Memorial Day weekend and the Purina
Incredible Dog Challenge for the spring.

"Sixty percent of our visitors weren't born when NASA
accomplished the man on the moon," Mr. Wampler said. "I want our
guests to leave saying, 'That's one of the coolest places we've
ever been.' You have to do Warhammer events; you have to do
Purina dog events. These are the links to the future."

Prev: Re: Problem with shiptools. Next: Re: Problem with shiptools.