Prev: [CON] ECC VIII - Two weeks to go! Next: [FT] Babylon 5/Full Thrust scenario

[OT] Browsers & software... (was test)

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:07:00 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [OT] Browsers & software... (was test)

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005, Kevin Balentine wrote:

> I haven't tried Opera, but I may look
> into it.

Do give it a try; the current download is about *half* the size of
Firefox's download. FF looks a lot like IE; Opera is it's own creature -
it does some stuff quite differently from either.

I really like some of the details of Opera - using the keyboard for
navigation, for instance. (Z is backward, X forward - saves mousing
around!)

> I also downloaded OpenOffice (openoffice.org) a free substitute for
> Microsoft Office that so far I'm very happy with.

I've *finally* gotten OO to install cleanly; it's been on my mahcine for
couple weeks but very slow & crashy. Last night I ran the 'Repair
Install'
function & it seems to be running a lot better. I hope.

> This list has been very slow over the last few days. Maybe it's a
> hangover following the gate glut and initial VectorVerse excitement.

.. plus all the folks who only post from work, it seems... <pious>always
on their breaks & lunchtimes, of course!</pious> :)

Brian
www.warbard.ca/games.html

Prev: [CON] ECC VIII - Two weeks to go! Next: [FT] Babylon 5/Full Thrust scenario