Prev: Re: [VV] Gate defence Next: Re: [VV] Gate defence

RE: [VV] Gate defence

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:02:07 -0600
Subject: RE: [VV] Gate defence

Sam wrote:
> Oerjan Ohlson said:
> > You explicitly claimed that the StarFire information was irrelevant
> > because not everyone in the discussion was aware of it:
>
> Yes, I did. I will admit that I know nothing about StarFire. I
> have never seen the game available in the shops, so I've never
> had the opportunity to even read it, yet alone play it. If it's
> available on the net, then a simple link to where it can be
> downloaded would do (since I haven't seen any provided by
> anyone, I assume that it's available hard copy only).

Starfire is available from the Starfire Design Studio
(www.starfiredesign.com) with both hardcopy versions and downloadable
versions.  The original version of the game came out in 1975-76 as a
small
game in a ziploc bag from Task Force games and was their simple space
game
they sold along with Star Fleet Battles.  There were a few ziploc
supplements released soon after that added fighters and then empires.
Later
2nd and 3rd editions were released as box games compiling and updating
the
rules.	A couple of years ago the Galactic Starfire 4th edition was
released
and now the Ultra Starfire edition is available as a 100% PDF product.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com
dean@star-ranger.com

Prev: Re: [VV] Gate defence Next: Re: [VV] Gate defence