Prev: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms Next: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms

Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms

From: Warbeads@a...
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 23:43:48 EST
Subject: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms

In a message dated 2/6/05 10:39:28 AM Pacific Standard Time,
johnmatkinson@gmail.com writes:

On Sun,  06 Feb 2005 06:07:37 -0800 (PST), Warbeads@aol.com
<Warbeads@aol.com>  wrote:

> All due respect, I think a UK or EU (Spain) carrier task  force
against a
> true CV task force would be risky.  The nearest  likely non-American
CV task
> force would be what, Brazil?

India,	actually.

John
--
"Thousands of Sarmatians, Thousands of Franks,	we've slain them again
and again.  We're looking for thousands of  Persians."

How very true John, but I don't see India butting into their buddy
(more or
less currently) China's squatter tactics in the Paracels or  Spratleys.
Now
if they become significant rivals in some way then yes	India is a
significant
part of the equation.  Lots can happen in 5  years.

And for those who wonder where I stand...I see a PRC CV possibly  built
but
not operational in 5 years.  I also think it will be a show piece  more
then a
critical design factor in a PRC Blue Water Navy  schema.

Gracias,

Glenn  "warbeads"

Prev: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms Next: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms