Prev: Re: [OT]Contingency Plan UNCLE : Oz vs USA Stoush Next: Re: [semi-VV] Multiple resources - was RE: Game balance

Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms

From: Alan and Carmel Brain <aebrain@w...>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 01:24:35 +1100
Subject: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms

Warbeads@aol.com wrote:

> For  defending Australia, the Leopard should be better
> because it's lighter and  thus less likely to crush our
> bridges, better fuel efficiency and range,  etc.

We thought of trying to get the US to manufacture it under licence
instead of the M1, but decided pigs would fly first.

Besides which, the history of the US "adapting" complex German weapons
in recent years is not a happy one. You start with converting all metric

measurements to Imperial... you then "improve" it... see the sorry
US-Roland Saga.

http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/m-115.html

Then there's the German Gepard and the US DIVADS, where you don't bother

trying to Americanise an existing system, you just build a new one that
does exactly the same thing, only at 100x the cost. Then cancel it cos
it doesn't work.

--
Alan & Carmel Brain
http://aebrain.blogspot.com

Prev: Re: [OT]Contingency Plan UNCLE : Oz vs USA Stoush Next: Re: [semi-VV] Multiple resources - was RE: Game balance