Prev: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms Next: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms

Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms

From: Warbeads@a...
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 09:10:56 EST
Subject: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms

gamers@ameritech.net writes:

>  Singapore??	Too much tightrope  walking to let
>themselves
>become associated with any superpower outside the
>region.
Strange you bring it up but I was reading about  the
buildup of the Peoples Republic of China (PRC) Navy.
If I read it  correctly there will be at least two
large carriers in the PRC Navy and the	support ships
to defend them within the next five years.

Give China  a couple of victories against their local
neighbors in the potential "oil  grab" for islands
game and they may end up a super power. Take all  of
the countries you listed and turn them into Chinese
client states who  will "assist" the PRC and the
question of could invade may be  answered.

Scott Siebold

Yeah but the critical mass for a nation involved in the level  of export
South East Asia (among other markets) the PRC is doing keeps being  a
victim of
'raising the bar' as the PRC 'succeeds' as an 'open market' (hah)
nation.
Eventually the 'shop keepers' and the military are going to have  to
duke it
out politically internally.  Such a move would have severe (not
necessarily
limiting entirely) repercussions in political and economic  sectors.

Gracias,

Glenn  "warbeads"

Prev: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms Next: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms