Prev: Re: Current vehicle production/use (was [VV] Vectorverse) Next: RE: [VV] Organics and other flavoring - RE: [VV] Vectorverse -- Ok so far?

Re: Current vehicle production/use (was [VV] Vectorverse)

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 08:43:52 +0100
Subject: Re: Current vehicle production/use (was [VV] Vectorverse)

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 12:49:57 +1100, Alan and Carmel Brain
<aebrain@webone.com.au> wrote:

> Not merely that, but the ASLAVs in Australian service are designed by
> General Dynamics Canada. They differ in a number of significant
details
> from the USMC variety. They've also picked up a great reputation for
> them protecting their crews - we had 2 LARGE bombs go off nearby in
> Iraq, and although the crews were injured, none have been permanently
> damaged (though the ASLAVs in question will never be the same).

Oddly enough, I was reading a couple letters in the Army Times from
NCOs in the Stryker brigades which claim that although a number of
Strykers have been totalled by IEDs, no one inside has been killed or
seriously injured.

John
--Vita Aureliani