Prev: Re: [VV] Vectorverse -- Ok so far? Next: Re: [VV] Vectorverse -- Ok so far?

Current vehicle production/use (was [VV] Vectorverse)

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 23:33:51 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Current vehicle production/use (was [VV] Vectorverse)

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Sylvester M. W. wrote:

> > There are less than a dozen nations that design their own tanks.
> >
> > There are perhaps a dozen more nations that build tanks under
liscence.

> > Yet almost every nation on the planet with significant land area
> > except Canada owns tanks.
>
> Well, we -had- tanks. German Leopard IIs. Should still have some of
> them, though we're going with that stryker LAV thing now. Also
> imported.

Actually, LAVs are built in southern Ontario! The US imports their LAVs
from us, not t'other way round... (OK, the chassis/hull is built here,
don't know about the fitting out/weapons/etc)

It's the great lie about "peaceful little Canada" again - we're actually
an arms-exporter on a reasonable scale. (Not on the scale of the US, but
then who else is?)

And AFAIK we've still got the Leopards for the moment; 114 according to
the CF website.

> But they work. And realistically enough, Canada's never
> gonna get into a full conflict by itself. Not in the forseeable future
> anyway.

True enough... thankfully.

Brian
www.warbard.ca/games.html

Prev: Re: [VV] Vectorverse -- Ok so far? Next: Re: [VV] Vectorverse -- Ok so far?