Prev: RE: [VV] Vectorverse FTL - The Gripping Hand Next: RE: [VV] Vectorverse FTL - clash ofcultures

RE: [VV] Vectorverse -- Ok so far?

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 23:16:04 +1100
Subject: RE: [VV] Vectorverse -- Ok so far?

G'day,

> History notes:
> "Long night" --(mwbrown@sonic.net / Hosford.Donald@acd.net)
> Suggests that a large star nation existed in the past.  Anywhere upto
> 1000 years ago.  It controlled a sizable area.  Maybe a sizable piece
of
> the galaxy.  Many worlds were settled.  This nation collapsed. The
> reason can be "lost in the mists of time".  The various nations in the

> setting were some of these former colony worlds that have reemerged
from
> the long night and set up new nations....

Just personal opinion, but I wouldn't even spell this out. If the VV
does go this historical route, then by all means keep it well and trully
in mind when doing up the details of nations (after all the fiercest
battles are usually between people with the smallest real differences).
However, I wouldn't have it up front and hitting people over the head
with it. Let it be far enough in the past that its not so important (or
even remembered by some) for the "current" nations. You have to
becareful not to accidently turn ex-empire into "ancients provided us
with magi-tech we don't understand just maintain", I think that's been
done a lot - and if "King David's Spaceship" is any indication one heck
of a lot better than I could manage for one ;)

Cheers

Beth

Prev: RE: [VV] Vectorverse FTL - The Gripping Hand Next: RE: [VV] Vectorverse FTL - clash ofcultures