Prev: RE: [VV] Vectorverse FTL Next: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

Re: [VVerse] Trickier FTL gates

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 12:41:13 -0500
Subject: Re: [VVerse] Trickier FTL gates

>You and I or someone else (John Atkinson) need to play a game of
Dirtside or Full Thrust with Fixed defenses and you run a mobile
force.

Or put it on a FT table.  You'd want to have an Alderson Point instead
of
an actual gate station, otherwise the defenders are going to say "I
could
spend a billion credits now on a defense fleet, or I could spend a
thousand
credits now on a self-destruct for the gate, and only spend a billion
later
if I need to build a new gate."  Call it a 10mu diameter circle.

Ideally you'd have an umpire to decide targeting for
through-the-wormhole
shots.

>Personally, I'd build some hulking huge asteroids that are in some
kind of stationary defense around the jump point (gate)

I'd be inclined to add a MD1 to the Dreadrocks, to shift arcs as needed
and
to move around a bit and throw off enemy targeting.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: RE: [VV] Vectorverse FTL Next: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL