Prev: RE: [VV] Vectorverse FTL Next: One view Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

RE: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

From: "Samuel Penn" <sam@b...>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:08:00 -0000 (GMT)
Subject: RE: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

Robertson, Brendan said:
> Its all a matter of the tech tree taken to get somewhere.
>
> If your first experience of FTL was a wormhole, you would follow the
path
> of creating artificial wormholes (jumpgates) to go new places.
> If you needed to overcome einsteinian physics, you would follow the
path
> of hyperspace/foldspace.

Actually, Wormholes are allowed[1] by Einsteinian physics, whilst
hyperspace isn't.

(do a search on 'traversable wormholes' - they can lead to
very interesting background settings due to how time dilation
works).

[1] By 'allowed' I mean they can be made to not break causality.
Hyperspace allows for time travel in an Einsteinian universe.

--
Sam.				    http://www.glendale.org.uk

Prev: RE: [VV] Vectorverse FTL Next: One view Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL