Prev: Re: [OT] My personal life, was Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets Next: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 22:09:21 +0000
Subject: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 06:45:14AM -0800, Aaron Teske wrote:
>(Similar to... what was it, in Starfire?
>Some of the warp points are open, others closed... I forget,
>it's been a while since I read those books, and I'm not at home
>right now....)

That's a surveying convention: an "open" point is one that you can
detect from a distance, a "closed" point is one that you can only
detect by being on top of it and turning on your FTL drive. (Typically
the other end is open and someone comes through it, otherwise it's very
unlikely ever to be found.)

Prev: Re: [OT] My personal life, was Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets Next: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL