Prev: Re: [OT] My personal life, was Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets Next: Re: [FH] Vectorverse - License?

RE: [VV] Vectorverse was Re: NAC - American style

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:51:09 -0500
Subject: RE: [VV] Vectorverse was Re: NAC - American style

>FTL Travel: ?? (Wormhole, Point-to-Point FTL, Lightspeed drive, Wave
Motion
Engine, etc)

I like the way John Ringo's Posleenverse has it.  IIRC Method 1 has no
restrictions on routes--you can go where you want--but it's slow and
expensive.  Method 2 is fast and cheap but only available along specific
routes.

>Colonisation method: ?? (Cryosleep, generation ships, prison transport,
wealthy businessmen, greedy corporations)

Any of the above, far enough back in history

>Galactic Economy: ?? (by this I mean what is the most valuable
resource?
Water?	Oxygen? Unobtainium?)

I'm thinking Tier 2 has gone into biology at the price of neglecting
physics and materals sciences.	So Tier 1 sells weapons and power
systems
to Tier 1, and buys pharmaceuticals and perhaps gene-engineered people.

>What is the imperative for expansion: ?? (population pressure, lack of
resources, interspecies war)

No "interspecies", we're only talking about humans.  Your other two
reasons
are identical to each other.

>What level of automation will starships have: ?? (FB standard 1 man per
mass, 5,000 men to man a destroyer, etc).

Perhaps 1/mass for civilians and, oh, something like 4/mass for
military.
Just pulling numbers from the aether at the moment.  10/mass is too
high.

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies

IMPORTANT
1. Before opening any attachments, please check for viruses.
2. This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential
information
   for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
   please contact the sender and delete all copies of this email.
3. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are
not
   a statement of Australian Government Policy unless otherwise stated.
4. Electronic addresses published in this email are not conspicuous
publications
   and DVA does not consent to the receipt of commercial electronic
messages.
emails

   of this type from DVA.
6. Finally, please do not remove this notice.

http://mail2web.com/ .