Prev: [VV] FTL technologies Next: Re: [FH] Vectorverse - License?

[VV] Building the future history

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:47:58 +0000
Subject: [VV] Building the future history

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 11:00:34PM -0500, quoth Laserlight:
>Adrian said:
>> Also, how are you going to mediate conflict between the powers?
>Well, we could find a volunteer, preferably a thoughtful Canadian
>type, to run a detailed campaign game...I have a vict^h^h^h candidate
>in mind.

Ya'know, there's this campaign system out there called "Victory By Any
Means". It's a bit good. They're* already working on a VBAM-Starmada
conversion... VBAM-FT would be no bad thing IMO.

(* For values of "they" which include, in a minor way, "me".)

I would quite seriously suggest that it could be a lot of fun to play
out some large-scale campaigning from the point that the various powers
come into contact; this then becomes the recent future-history of the
setting. Remember GDW and "The Game" that became the history of the
2300AD game?

Prev: [VV] FTL technologies Next: Re: [FH] Vectorverse - License?