Prev: RE: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets Next: RE: [FH] Vectorverse was Re: NAC - American style

Re: [FH] Vectorverse was Re: NAC - American style

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:00:34 -0500
Subject: Re: [FH] Vectorverse was Re: NAC - American style

Adrian said:
> Laserlight spaketh:

"spake" or "spoke" or "speaketh", but not "spaketh"

> (His first example is somewhat difficult, however.  The Europeans of
the
> 1660's had magic/sci-fi level technology relative to the
basically-stoneage
> population of the Americas.

I was thinking more of the colonials, in that case.  Spain wanted to
keep its colonies as captive markets, so she could sell manufactured
goods at high prices and buy raw materials at low prices.  England did
the same thing WRT the New World.  In both cases, the colonists were
willing to deal with smugglers and buccaneers, contrary to the home
country's law.

> might be interesting, but not for the second tier powers...)

I'm assuming that the First Tier powers will be selling weapons and
such to the Second Tier, and will have limited manpower in theater.
Analogues would be the Sikhs, or the various African tribes that the
Zanzibari Arabs supplied around 1850, or the British and the Eyptian
army in that same period.

> What about Reconquista Spain?

That could fit in too.

> Also, how are you going to mediate conflict between the powers?

Well, we could find a volunteer, preferably a thoughtful Canadian
type, to run a detailed campaign game...I have a vict^h^h^h candidate
in mind. Or we could find some pushy, stubborn, eccentric cuss to read
over designers' input and then make decisions by fiat.	Or we could
come other with some other solution.
  Let's get the nations designed first, before we worry about how they
bump into each other.

Prev: RE: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets Next: RE: [FH] Vectorverse was Re: NAC - American style