Prev: Re: BSG 2003 (Long) Next: Can anyone identify these badges?

Re: BSG 2003 (Long)

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:52:44 -0500
Subject: Re: BSG 2003 (Long)

At 1:20 PM +0000 1/24/05, Roger Burton West wrote:
>On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 08:08:21AM -0500, Indy wrote:
>
>>I like the way the storyline is going, like the character
interactions,
>>like the ships, but I am really **not** liking the camera work, either
>>for the space scenes or the interior shots. Too jerky, too jumpy, too
>>chopped, too swinging and panning.
>
>I normally despise that style, but for some reason it actually works
for
>me in this particular show.

Same here. I also like the general lack of sound from far away when
you see a ship doing things. The best is with the scenes of the
Galactica when it FTL's into orbit around the Ragnar Anchorage (it's
tiny in the background and then you zoom into see it) and then
there's the scene where the Galactica exits the Ragnar Anchorage and
yaw/pitches to bring all the main point defense into arc on the
Cylons.

In general, I like the camera shots. I get the feeling that one is
looking at a distant battle from view ports and cockpits and zooming
in and panning with telephoto lenses. It seems more immersive. If
only I had a massive HD TV to watch it on.
-		  Data Center Operations Group		      -
-		http://web.turner.com/data_center/	       -
- Ryan Montieth Gill		       One CNN Center SE0813 E -
- Hours 11am - 7pm Mon - Fri	    (8Sdc, 10Sdc IT@3Ndc)      -
- Cellular: 404-545-6205	     e-mail: Ryan.Gill@cnn.com -
- Office: 404-588-6191					       -
-	      Emergency Power-off != Door release!	       -

Prev: Re: BSG 2003 (Long) Next: Can anyone identify these badges?