Prev: Re: Armour and Cover Answer Next: Re: News Break...Dropship sighted

Re: FT-Banzai ships

From: Charles Lee <xarcht@y...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:24:34 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: FT-Banzai ships

MT Missles can be set at Size selector (15 , 150 , 150 Mass and bigger)
So BJ will only work if they can hit the MT missles first ... oh it
takes a 6 on a six sided die to kill it, by any defence system.

Laserlight <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:> > Using banzai jammers (BJs)
is a common anti-missile
> > tactic
>
> BJ's some new weapon not in the books? I don't
> recalling it in any of the rules.

"Banzai jammers" means small ships which are kept in formation around
your valuable ships; since salvo missiles hit the "closest" target,
there's a good chance your opponent's missiles will be wasted against
the BJs rather than the real target. ( I remember dropping 5 salvos
for a total of 22 missiles on a battledreadnought--except that a Mass
18 frigate turned out to be just a little closer...).

The counter tactic is to knock off the BJs with long range beam fire.

Tired of spam?	Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: Armour and Cover Answer Next: Re: News Break...Dropship sighted