Prev: RE: [FH] Breaking News - Dogfights Galore Next: Re: [FH] Breaking News - Dogfights Galore

RE: [FH] Breaking News - Dogfights Galore

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 22:31:32 +1100
Subject: RE: [FH] Breaking News - Dogfights Galore

G'day,

> Nice piece.

Thanks

> I especially liked the VR bits - something we have been
> discussing on this list several times ;-)

May well be where I got the inspiration ;)

> Are any of your posts based on real games you have had, or is it pure
> imagination ?

Games provide the basic layout of key events (e.g. the fighter stuff was
actually from the moves of an Attack Vector game we had the other day
and for the land based stuff we fight out a small part of what I go on
to say is a huge battle), but the rest is imagination. For the
space/airborne stuff its all imagination on write up, but for the
land-based stuff to try and get the tone I was after I have been reading
a lot of Guardian articles of the day on the Boer War, WWI and WWII...
I'm not sure I'm getting exactly what I'm after, but its going
reasonably and I'm learning. Unfortunately I go back to real work in two
weeks so only knows how much time I'll get for this kinda fun after that
;)

Have fun

Beth

Prev: RE: [FH] Breaking News - Dogfights Galore Next: Re: [FH] Breaking News - Dogfights Galore