Prev: Re: OT New American Uniforms Next: RE: [FH] Breaking News - Alien voices

Re: [FH] Breaking News - Alien voices

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:59:40 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [FH] Breaking News - Alien voices

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005, Paul M. M. Jacobus wrote:

> > Authors note: I have my own ideas about what the Kra'Vak culture is
like
> > and what their motivations are. These ideas probably don't match
anybody
> > else's ideas
>
> In my ideas, the Kra'vak are the good guys. :}

In C.J. Cherryh's "Chanur" series, there's a basically co-operating but
fragile multi-species setup that's being threatened by 'obscure
inscrutable alien creatures from beyond the stars we know'.

Pretty standard SF stuff, right? Except (and it's not a spoiler to say
this) the 'obscure aliens' are human, and the 'good guys' & protagonists
are all non-human beings... It's a good twist on a standard SF
background
device; Cherryh writes such excellent alien societies that she makes her
premise work well.

I sometimes think the GZGverse could do with a dose of this; we've
currently got THREE OISACFBSWK groups operating there...

Brian
www.warbard.ca/games.html

Prev: Re: OT New American Uniforms Next: RE: [FH] Breaking News - Alien voices