Prev: Re: SGII Question Armour and Cover Next: Re: [FH] Breaking News - KraVak attacks in Sol System

Re: NAC - American style [LONG]

From: Edward Lipsett <translation@i...>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 11:13:44 +0900
Subject: Re: NAC - American style [LONG]

A stack of paper on my desk right now - which I am making a serious
effort
to ignore - is all about VHDL, which is an abbreviation for VHSIC
Hardware
Description Language. VHSIC itself is an abbreviation for Very High
Speed
Integrated Circuit.

Personally I prefer recursive acronyms like (for example):
The GNU Hurd project is named with a mutually-recursive acronym: "Hurd"
stands for "Hird of Unix-Replacing Daemons," and "Hird" stands for "Hurd
of
Interfaces Representing Depth."
or the classic GNU, which stands for "GNU's Not Unix!"

Have a good life!

--
The lessons taught in great books are misleading. The commerce in life
is

Prev: Re: SGII Question Armour and Cover Next: Re: [FH] Breaking News - KraVak attacks in Sol System