Prev: Re: SGII Question Armour and Cover Next: RE: SGII Question Armour and Cover

Re: NAC - American style [LONG]

From: Nicholas Caldwell <nicholascaldwell@e...>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 17:33:57 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Subject: Re: NAC - American style [LONG]

>>if the original authors had been American the UK would
>>have been absorb ed due to civil break ups.

Most Americans also grab Canada and sometimes Mexico along the way. :-)

To the point originally raised:  YUMV.	Your Universe May Vary.  I think
it's a fine example of future history (I confess I skim-read it as such
things aren't particularly interesting to me).

But I like Jon's, too, since American Civil War does have a certain
historical precedent.  I don't think Jon meant it as an insult -- it's
just his British sense of humor talking.

I mean, it really is crazy to think that Americans would be stupid
enough to accept some sort of constitutional monarchy where the
Presidency was handed down from Father to Son -- oh, wait. . .

;-)

nick