Prev: Re: looking for Modular Fighters? Next: Re: [FT] Crew quality house rules

Re: looking for Modular Fighters?

From: DOCAgren@a...
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 21:40:29 EST
Subject: Re: looking for Modular Fighters?

Thank U all for providing me with the info on these..	  It is too bad
they
are pre FB book with Jerry mods I think they seem to work in close
enough...

I will be sitting down and working up a pair of fighters which can be
modular
set-up.    Will post them when I'm done.

Have a Good One,
DOC Agren
     (Lurker on the Digest)

In a message dated 12/26/04 2:01:01 AM,
owner-gzg-digest@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU writes:

> Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 18:58:53 -0500
> From: Jerry Cantrill <jwcantrill@earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: looking for Modular Fighters?
>
> Hi DOC Agren from a fellow Digest lurker.

> Thomas had replied with the link to Jared Noble's page with his
Modular
> Fighter Rules. I was just going to note that they are pre-fleetbook.
>
> We started with the info on this link and made a few adjustments for
> fleetbook fighters.
>
> In the Propulsion section we lowered the cost for Fast and Long-Range
> Modules from 3 to 2. FB Fast and LR fighters are cheaper than in FT2.
> We also lowered the cost for Fast/LR from 6 to 5.
>
> In the Anti-Ship section we increased the cost of Attack and Torpedo
by
> 1 each. His cost for them is low on this link page. These fighters
cost
> did not change for the fleetbooks.
>
> The only change to the Efficiency ratings was for Limited
Anti-Fighter.
> We gave it an Eff = 1, and made "None" AF an Eff = 0, Cost = 0. This
was
> to conform to our house rule of Fighter Eff more that 5 to be invalid,
> but no one built fighters that could not defend themselves.
>
> We allow Fast/LR fighters which we refer to as Recon/Patrol. They use
> Standard frame, Fast/LR engines, "None" Anti-ship, and Standard
> Anti-fighter; these are "legal" for us Costing 6 per with Eff of 5.
>
> The last addition we made was to add a Medium frame with Cost 1 and
Eff
> 1. With the Heavy Frame having a defence against beams equal to
level-2
> screens in the Beta fighter rules; we made the Medium frame to be as
> level-1 screens against beams. This will only come in effect if the
die
> is not DRM'd by a minus, as this makes the 4 a no hit already. But if
> the beam die is unmodified or plus DRM'd then the extra cost (4 each
> fighter) is a little protection. This modify is for BD's only, we do
not
> modify Scatterguns Anti-fighter, if you want to protect from them then
> you must pay the full price for Heavy fighters.

- -jerry

Prev: Re: looking for Modular Fighters? Next: Re: [FT] Crew quality house rules