Prev: Re: looking for Modular Fighters? Next: Re: looking for Modular Fighters?

[SG 2} Usin NI for NPC and Platoon options.

From: Warbeads@a...
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 14:26:36 EST
Subject: [SG 2} Usin NI for NPC and Platoon options.

Due to some judicious (read that as lucky) winning on Ebay I have
assembled
some troops for a NPC (Native People's Circle) Platoon for SG2.   I have
NI
figures for the NPC.  I have (if I added correctly) 26 Riflemen,  7
SAWs, 3
Missile carrying figures, and two figures to use a PL/Psgt  pair
(Carrying helmets
and Rifle.)

My plans were to have 3 squads of 8 soldiers (7 LTAR and 1 SAW) A
command
element of a PL, PSgt, Comms/EWO, and Medic plus a LAD team and an APSW
team.
Since all the NPC vehicles have a GMS/L or GMS/H I saw no need to  have
GMS/L team.  That's a platoon at 32 figures - 4 packages of 6  mm
figures would
let me field 3 platoons (circa 75% of a company) of  infantry for
Dirtside 2
games.	I was planning to just field one Platoon of  25 mm GZG NI
figures but now
I have some extra figures and need to make some  decisions.

I plan to order SGZ-18A as the comms/EW tech along with the SGZ-17A
(PIG
gunner) to allow a substitute for one of the Platoon SAWs as needed.
Also
wanted to pick up SGZ-07A or 10A (sniper) as a possible attached
figure.  But I
don't see a dedicated medic figure.

I could use a riflemen painted to be a combat medic but I would  need to
add
a bag/kit/something for the gear a medic would carry (well,  what I
envision
they would carry).  I also considered SGM-13B, SGC-08,	SGQ-02, SGQ-08,
or
SGQ-09 as possible "medics" but don't know how 'compatible'  they would
look in
the NI equipment based unit.  Any thoughts on  'compatible looking'
aspects of
those figures?

I figure the Missile guys could be either GMS/P or LAD weapons (but  not
at
the same time, probably) as needed so the weapons section would be
dual-hatted
(more flexible).  I was planning to use 1/35th model weapons as  the
APSW
equipment with a couple of the extra Rifle men as crew.  I would  attach
rifleman as the LAD Gunner's assistant.  That leaves me with 2
Missilemen, 4 SAWs,
and 2 riflemen.

So what to do with the extras?	Make another (full or partial)	Platoon?

Change the TO&E to 4 x 6 soldier squads and work on a second  platoon?
Make a
Company Weapons Section to draw attachments  from?  Make an Assault
Squad (4
SAWs, 2 Missilemen using GMS-Ps to open  "doors" for entry, and the 2
Riflemen -
assume for game purposes they are using  underslung GLs on Rifles)?
Other
ideas?

I also 'won' a few IF and PAU figures ancillary to my goals that I
might
find a use for or just paint and sell to anyone interested but that's
another
thread.

Gracias,

Glenn/Warbeads

Gracias,

Glenn  "warbeads"

Prev: Re: looking for Modular Fighters? Next: Re: looking for Modular Fighters?