Prev: Re: [Whinging] and [List] Re: [CON] ECC VIII Next: RE: [CON] ECC VIII

Re: [SG 2] Infantry weapons combinations

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:29:09 +0000
Subject: Re: [SG 2] Infantry weapons combinations

On Wednesday 22 December 2004 17:45, laserlight@quixnet.net wrote:
> sipior@science.uva.nl wrote:
> >Respectfully, I fail to see how one could possibly have a worse view
of
> >women than that of sixth-century Europe.
>
> Assumes that Europe was monolithic, which it wasn't, but given a
choice
> between modern Taliban or Saudi Arabia vs, say, 6th C Ireland, I'd
pick
> Ireland in a heartbeat.  As you say, Lebanon or Morocco or such would
be
> rather different.

Norse and other pagan cultures treated women reasonably well. Yes, they
were expected to stay at home, but then so were women in 1950s Britain.
And yes, it was considered okay for vikings etc to rape women, but then
it was also okay to kill the men.

--
Be seeing you,				   http://www.glendale.org.uk/
Sam.					jabber: samuel.penn@jabber.org

Prev: Re: [Whinging] and [List] Re: [CON] ECC VIII Next: RE: [CON] ECC VIII