Prev: Re: [SG 2] Infantry weapons combinations Next: RE: [CON] ECC VIII

Re: [SG 2] Infantry weapons combinations

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:45:52 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG 2] Infantry weapons combinations

>I've personally known a number of women in the medical profession,
hailing
from Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon and Syria. Mostly dentists, oddly. Don't
quote
me, but I'm fairly certain these countries comprise at least a part of
"Islamic Culture" :-)

If I were going by GZG canon, I'd say IF is probably pretty
reactionary--there "was recently" a revolution by radicals against the
secularized House of Sa'ud.  But a) it's been 40 years or so from then
till
"now"; b) the official government policy may not be strictly adhered to
in
every amirate on every planet--particularly those which have more
contact
with FSE influence; and most importantly c)it's your lead, you do what
you
want with it.

>As well, I believe Turkey and Malaysia both have female
soldiers---there
may
be others, I don't know.

In the GZGverse, Malaysia wouldn't count as part of the Islamic
Federation
(it's in the Indonesian Confederation);  Turkey may or may not be part
of
the FSE.

>> Islamic views regarding women are worse than European views on women
ca.
600 AD.
>Respectfully, I fail to see how one could possibly have a worse view of
women than that of sixth-century Europe.

Assumes that Europe was monolithic, which it wasn't, but given a choice
between modern Taliban or Saudi Arabia vs, say, 6th C Ireland, I'd pick
Ireland in a heartbeat.  As you say, Lebanon or Morocco or such would be
rather different.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: [SG 2] Infantry weapons combinations Next: RE: [CON] ECC VIII