Prev: [SG 2] Infantry weapons combinations Next: Re: Thoughts on my last post

Thoughts on my last post

From: Warbeads@a...
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 10:24:31 EST
Subject: Thoughts on my last post

Thoughts on weapon combinations and why nations would use them	desired.

LTAR and SAW - This seems to be the Low Tech Baseline - the 'at  least
they
shoot' school of equipping a military.	Hence the PHR got this	(I
dumped the
VLTAR thing.)

LTAR and Rotary SAW - This seems plausible for a force where the  squad
has
most of it's fire power in the SAW although I suspect it would use a
lost of
ammunition.  NPC has to save money somewhere and rifles were where  they
made
the decision.  Since they have a lot of 'contact' with PHR  and IC this
seemed
to show the desire to have some equality with those  forces

LTAR and Gauss SAW - I wonder what would lead a faction/nation to  put
such
disparate technology together?

AAR and SAW - I see this as baseline 'Mid-tech' weaponry, hence  the
LIRA/LLAR got the nod here.  A Second tier power but on a lesser
important section of
their part of the universe.

AAR and Rotary SAW - Perhaps a nation might choose this to give  their
forces
a firepower edge over the most probable baseline mid-tech  enemy?
Another
Second Tier Power carefully watching the NI backed NPC and  suppressing
the PHR
(there is a 'history' for that love lost  relationship).  Uses a lot of
IF
Mercenaries on this planet.

AAR and Gauss SAW - This seems like a compromise between cost and
cutting
edge weaponry.	Another Second tier power (RH) willing to spend a
little more
money to equip the troops for whatever reason.

Gauss rifle and SAW - If you had Gauss Rifles why choose a  non-Gauss
SAW?

Gauss rifle and Rotary SAW - If you had Gauss Rifles why choose a
non-Gauss
SAW, even if Rotary?

Gauss Rifle and Gauss SAW - This just struck me as NEA weaponry,  given
their
love of Combat Walkers, Infantry Walkers, and PA.  These guys  like
bright
shiny cutting edge toys even if the technology isn't 'proven'  yet.

Gracias,

Glenn  "warbeads"

Prev: [SG 2] Infantry weapons combinations Next: Re: Thoughts on my last post