Prev: Re: [FH] Next: Re: [FH]

Re: [FH]

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 20:19:38 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [FH]

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Don M wrote:

>> I've been thinking of Mars as a bit of a backwater, but (by the
2180s)
>> a well-populated backwater.
>
> Have you seen Pluto Nash........Sorta like that?
>
> http://plutonash.warnerbros.com/main.html

Didn't see it - slick Flash-based website, too. Sure, something like
that,
but without Eddie Murphy! :>

I was actually thinking of several anime graphic novellas I've read, set
on Mars & other places, for the tone of my Martian musings, plus the
details of the GZGverse - ie early FTL aborting in-system colonization.

The half-arsed terraforming - "just enough to cause trouble" - was
inspired by Kim Stanley Robinson's "Red Mars" trilogy; at one point they
have a near-global sandstorm that lasts about five Terran years, so I
thought, "What if terraforming resources had been cut just after that
point, so that monster storms became a regular feature, not just a bug?"
(In the novel the resources are there, so the terraformed Mars
stabilizes
again...)

Brian.

Prev: Re: [FH] Next: Re: [FH]