Prev: Re: [CON] ECC VIII Preregistration starts December 1st Next: Re: [CON] ECC VIII Preregistration starts December 1st

Re: [CON] ECC VIII Preregistration starts December 1st

From: Nicholas Caldwell <nicholascaldwell@e...>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:39:41 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Subject: Re: [CON] ECC VIII Preregistration starts December 1st

You know, I thought it was 40 megawatts, too.  But it's not.  Here's the
clip from the movie:

http://datacore.sciflicks.com/the_terminator/sounds/the_terminator_40_wa
tt.wav

My guess is that all us geeks heard "watts" and thought -- "That's
stupid, 40 watts is nothin'.  He must have said megawatts and I heard it
wrong."  So we all edited it in our heads and have been quoting the
movie incorrectly all these years.

OB-FullThrust:	However, the Space 1889 ships I am using for my game
will have 40 watt phased plama beams -- 40 watts was all they could get
out of the steam engines!

Nick

From:  "Nicholas Caldwell"
> Phased-plasma rifles in the forty watt range at  50 paces, then?

<helpfully> That's supposed to be 40 *mega*watts,  Nick.
;-)

I think I see the problem...

Gracias,

Glenn  "warbeads"