Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Xenomorphs! Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question....

Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question....

From: "Andreas Udby" <javelin98@l...>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:23:04 -0500
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question....

Personally, I think that freighters should be massive;	they have to be
to make them economically feasible.  Today's freighters outmass military
ships by enormous factors;  a fully loaded container ship has twice the
displacement as a fully loaded Nimitz-class aircraft carrier, and a
single Hapag-Lloyd freighter could carry *ten* Ticonderoga-class
cruisers in its holds (going by weight alone, of course).  So I think
freighter minis should be big mothers.

I also like the modular look, so long as it's done right.  I don't think
a freighter would look anything like the Valley Forge from Silent
Running;  too much wasted space.  Instead, I think it would be a big
boxy affair with as much cargo space crammed onto its hull as possible,
kind of a gigantic gypsy wagon.
http://r.lycos.com/r/yp_emailfooter/http://yellowpages.lycos.com/default
.asp?SRC=lycos10

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Xenomorphs! Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question....