Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question.... Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question....

Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question....

From: Inire <inire@y...>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 16:51:12 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question....

--- Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> An open question to all you listers out there.....
>
> We're going to be doing some expansions/replacements
> to the range of
> FT merchant ships (FT 3xx series) very soon, and I
> wanted to canvass
> some opinion on whether there are any specific sorts
> of ships you'd
> like to see made.
>
> Current ideas are:
>
> *Some all-new general  freighters and tankers, to
> replace some of the
> old CMD designs that are now getting a bit rough due
> to worn-out
> moulds.

I want to second some of the comments made about
modularity of these: using the fuel/provisions cubes
from the UNSC, maybe making some more spherical
options and giving us a spine/command area to attach
them to would be excellent. I've already started to do
something like this with kitbashed UNSC, and it would
be very nice to have more bitz as options.

> * Star Liner

"What is THAT doing so close to a battle area?"

> * Private space yacht

I see this a s stylish version of courier: combine the
two with options for class or utility and call it
good.

> * Repair/maintenance ship of some sort

absodamnlutely. I'm recently playing Escape Velocity
on my Mac again and notice the mining ships from the
Nova version of the game would be outstanding repair
ships. Already thinking of ways to kitbash same, but
if you put them out...

> * At least a couple of new free traders/small tramp
> freighters

or if the major freighters were sufficiently scalable,
would you need to introduce another model/mould?

> * Bulk Carrier (big tin can)
> * Colony Transport (big tin can with
> lifesupport....)

these two seem like shoo-ins for custom component
packs sold for attachment to the spine, etc of the
freighter you mentioned first.

> * New Space Tug design

or a scalable version of the maintnenance unit,
perhaps?

=====
Jeff "My dice hate me!" Fearnow
Gaming to keep War out of RealTime!

"When you've caught dropsy and bum lice off a filthy pan-handle, I won't
like you anymore...And my blindness, scabs and noisy parasites will make
me unbearable!" - SGR 092004

XT350/DOD#1890

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
www.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question.... Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question....