Prev: Re: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention - Call for Events Next: [OFFICIAL] GZG XMAS OFFERS!

Re: FT-quick number crunching needed

From: "david smith" <bifsmith207@h...>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 08:02:58 +0000
Subject: Re: FT-quick number crunching needed

>From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>

>Subject: Re: FT-quick number crunching needed
>Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:13:49 +0100
>
>Charles Lee wrote:
>
>>Any fluff tech needed? Multi soursc of up the anti tech. Choose one
>>peoples weapons and learn them , AKA Human, Kravak, or other specific.
>
>Sticking to "one peoples" (ie., one GZGverse species's) tech is only
useful
>if you play in the GZG background. If OTOH you play in some *other*
>background where the GZGverse aliens don't exist, you have to use
whichever
>tech systems are suitable to represent the tech featured in that
background
>completely regardless of which GZGverse species "owns" those tech
systems.
>If the background has some weapon(s) which aren't represented by
anything
>in the current FT rules you have to make up your own - which is exactly

>what BIF is doing here.

This is what bif (ME) has done before, specifically, using cl3 k guns as
the
lasers/main foreward guns on EA omega class destroyers (which to my mind
are
carriers with enough firepower to not require escorts).

>BIF wrote:
>
>>I am after some input for the grasers, [...]
>
>HHverse grasers are good at ripping through *armour*, but they seem to
be
>just as vulnerable to sidewalls as the lasers are. Are you using FT's
>"screens" to represent sidewalls, or do you include the effect of the
>sidewalls into the ships' armour instead?

The armour piercing effect of said graisers is what sent me looking down
the
route of the k gun/mkp mechanics. Sidewalls will be represented  as
standard
on every warship for free (level 0, no effect), with bigger ships having

sheild generators to represent hevier sidewalls (upto 2, as fb
construction
rules). Civilian ships will have no sidewalls, and a ship with no
sidewalls
(civ or battledammaged warships) will take dubble dammage (as will end
on
shots up the kilt/down the throth*).

>(Of course the Kra'Vak MKPs ignore screens, but since their to-hit roll
is
>a beam die with no reroll it is pretty trivial to apply the standard
>screen-vs-beam mechanic if you want. It has some impact on the mass and

>cost of the weapon though, so I'd better ask about it before I do any
>number-crunching :-/)

Quick answer, yes.

Another question, for each 5% mass, you gain 2 screen generators (one
for
each sidewall). Would you consider this unbalanced?, considering that
you
are only covering 2 arcs with each and doubbling dammage throgh the open

ends?

>Later,
>
>Oerjan
>oerjan.ohlson@telia.com
>
>"Life is like a sewer.
>  What you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
>-Hen3ry

* NOTE-I CANNOT SPELL <G>
BIF
(who has probably forgotten something again)

http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/

Prev: Re: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention - Call for Events Next: [OFFICIAL] GZG XMAS OFFERS!