Prev: Pentomic Thoughts Next: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention - Call for Events

RE: Pentomic Thoughts

From: "Robert W. Eldridge" <bob_eldridge@m...>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 08:41:49 -0400
Subject: RE: Pentomic Thoughts

I served (1971-73) in the 14th (renumbered later as the 11th) Armored
Cavalry Regiment and I can testify that that peculiar organization for
the
recon platoon was still used in those days for the Armored Cavalry
Platoon,
except that we had 3 tanks in the tank section. The "light artillery
piece"
was actually a 4.2 inch mortar. Heck of a thing for a brand new second
lieutenant to command. The recon vehicle was a beast called the M114, a
maintenance nightmare, and some of ours mounted a 20mm cannon.

Prev: Pentomic Thoughts Next: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention - Call for Events