Prev: Re: Custom Decals - question to the list Next: Re: FT Sensor Rules -- Request for Comments [LONG]

Re: Custom Decals - question to the list

From: "John K. Lerchey" <lerchey@a...>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 23:57:01 -0400
Subject: Re: Custom Decals - question to the list

One of the other things to consider, is that the decals that I produce
can
be made in white or with a white undercoat.  This stops the decal from
"dulling down" or "darkening" when put onto a darker surface.  If that's

not important to you, then yeah, the inkjet decals work just fine.

:)

John
(representing Decals Express)

--On Sunday, October 24, 2004 7:52 PM -0700 Thomas Westbrook
<tom_westbrook@yahoo.com> wrote:

> When I was visiting WDC and had to stay up there on business for a
> fewweeks on end, I ended up at a local gaming store.	Anyway the
subject
> of decals came up because I saw an 40K Imperial Guard army painted as
> Waffen SS to include the unit markings on the tanks using both
> transparent decal paper and plain typing paper. they were very good.
> Decal paper for inkjet and laser printers is now available at most
hobby
> or arts and craft shops in the US or by internet for the rest of the
> world, though it is a bit expensive, for me anyway.
> One of the ways that decals can be made for terrain or minis is to
scale
> them down from artwork, and print them on plain white paper (as I have
> seen done and it looks good for larger minis) or the above decal
paper.
> Sometimes I can't find anything that resembles the exact item I am
> looking for.
> For those who either don't have the time or patience, we pay others to
do
> it for us.

John K. Lerchey
Computer and Network Security Coordinator
Information Security Office
Carnegie Mellon University

lerchey@andrew.cmu.edu

Prev: Re: Custom Decals - question to the list Next: Re: FT Sensor Rules -- Request for Comments [LONG]