Prev: Re: FT Sensor Rules -- Request for Comments [LONG] Next: How technology failed in Iraq

Re: FT Sensor Rules -- Request for Comments [LONG]

From: Jerry Han <jhan@w...>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 02:46:32 -0400
Subject: Re: FT Sensor Rules -- Request for Comments [LONG]

Howdy,

Tony Christney wrote:
> It seems to me that the effective ranges are reversed. One would
> expect active sensors to have much greater range than passive.

Doh!  No, it means I lost track of which section I was writing in.

Active is 54", passive is 36", just like FT.  (8-)

> Also, how about having a "bogey" firing using a passive lock
> being treated exactly as if it had just executed an active scan
> attempt.

*nod*  That's a good idea, and makes sense from a logic standpoint,
I'm not sure if it would be too much of a limitation from a
gameplay standpoint.  I'll write it in and playtest it though, and
see what happens.

Thanks!
JGH

--
Jerry Han - jhan@warpfish.com - http://www.warpfish.com/jhan - TBFTGOGGI
"The snow is coming down, on our New England town, and it's been falling

Prev: Re: FT Sensor Rules -- Request for Comments [LONG] Next: How technology failed in Iraq