Prev: Re: New GZG 15mm Photos uploaded. Next: Re: New GZG 15mm Photos uploaded.

Re: [FT] NI designs and uber Ships

From: "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@c...>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:42:46 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] NI designs and uber Ships

> Grant:
> >  Hmm, Leviathan is not bad, although it sounds a bit pompous to me.
> Titan
> >could be good.
>
> I'm curious as to this; is it a religious thing? Or, just the extra
> syllables?

   Well, it might just be the extra syllables.	:-)  I just think that
the
 military wouldn't use it to designate an entire type of ship.	I could
see
 either being used to designate a ship "class" just fine though.
Militaries
 seem to more flippant with actual ship names sometimes.

> I do agree with the whole name-bashing scheme in that you can fudge by
> smashing different parts of other descriptions together.

   Yeah, it's just that they usually try to make a design designation
relate to
 what it actually does.

  grant

Prev: Re: New GZG 15mm Photos uploaded. Next: Re: New GZG 15mm Photos uploaded.