Next: Re: New GZG 15mm Photos uploaded.

Re: your mail

From: "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@c...>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:58:37 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: your mail

> > What's bigger than an SDN?
> >  The Star Fleet Battles designation of Space Control Ship (SCS)
might
> > work.
>
> I like Leviathan (LN) as class alot (Or Leviatan for an NI uberDN).
> For the UN you could use Titan (TN)
> I agree that Monitors sound slow, but that shouldn't stop you if you
> like the term.

    Hmm, Leviathan is not bad, although it sounds a bit pompous to me.
Titan
  could be good.  Monitors should probably be reserved for large system
defense
  ships, usually without ftl drives.  I've been wanting something that
conveys
  the fact that they are both carriers *and* heavy battle units.  Maybe
this
  would work:

	Battle Carrier - BCV -	The normal UN CVL with a BC/BB front end
				 instead.

	Combat Carrier - CCV -	A UN SDN with one figher pod.

	Heavy Combat Carrier - HCV - A UN SDN-x with two fighter pods.

    I was thinking that I would use the 4 engine design on the CCV and
HCV.
  the CCV would still be thrust 4, but the HCV would be thrust 2.  Now
of
  course, I still need "class" names for them.	The UN used
Constellation for
  it's heavy carrier, so what's next?  It would need to be something
geologic
  or astronomic, but significant.  Hmmm.

    My idea was that as the Seige of Sol began to lessen, the UN decided
that
  it needed a number of larger ships to lead task forces in deep raids
against
  the Kravak.  Fortunately, they had a number of contingency plans
already
  drawn up for such ships using the modular nature of their design.  A
number
  of modules were already under construction, and these were diverted
into
  these new ships.  Several heavily damaged CVL's were also converted
into the
  BCV configuration as a "test of concept" design which proved to be
sound.
  All the ships would prove too operationally expensive in non-war
situations,
  but were justified by the severity of the Kravak situation.

  grant

Next: Re: New GZG 15mm Photos uploaded.