Prev: Excuse me Next: Re: Excuse me

Re: Possible New Minor Power - major upgrade (LONG)

From: Alan and Carmel Brain <aebrain@w...>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 23:53:59 +1000
Subject: Re: Possible New Minor Power - major upgrade (LONG)

laserlight@quixnet.net wrote:
> John Brewer said:
>
>>I know Cherubim are more highly ranked than Archangels, but it's a
>
> matter of "Que est mas macho?" - The Archangel Gabriel, who blows the
> horn that signals The End of Days, or a little naked baby with wings
> that signals that Valentine's Day is nigh?
>
> Yeah.  CS Lewis pointed out that in Renaissance and later paintings,
angels
> tend to look like chubby kids or skinnny teenage girls; in Biblical
> accounts, people who met angels usually collapsed in terror.	(OTOH, I
> don't recall a verse that states that angels have ranks other than
"angel"
> and "archangel").  I tend to spell it "kherubim", and ISTR that they
looked
> like winged lions...

The most biblically correct guide to what various weakly godlike
entities look like is at http://www.e-sheep.com/apocamon/

Seriously - he must have done a lot of research.

Just use the "Who's that Apocamon?" search facility.

--
Alan & Carmel Brain
http://aebrain.blogspot.com

Prev: Excuse me Next: Re: Excuse me