Prev: RE: [FMAS][long] AAR: Initiative card draw Next: [ft]Revised Viggen Spinal Mount

RE: [AAR] initiative card draw

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:02:23 +1100
Subject: RE: [AAR] initiative card draw

G'day,

> I wasn't completely happy with the card draw system for two reasons:
> a) it didn't feel like the commander had enough influence.  This may
be a
> figment, based on the fact that the commander was mostly interested in
> getting away and that I was using FMAS instead of SG.

I would definitelyplay anotehr game before deciding they don't get
enough work, also try with slightly more subordinates to control.

> b) there were times when the character doesn't need to make a
> decision--"I'm fleeing, and I'm going to keep fleeing!" and I'm not
sure
> I'm comfortable with the way a card draw feels for that. I see the
card
> draw mainly as a simulation of how quickly the unit can make absorb
> information and put a decision into effect.

Do you mean voluntary fleeing or fleeing due to being broken? If the
former I think its ok the card draw is still haphazard for that (they
may be ducking and weaving in an effort not to get hit so easy or maybe
they're simply not as fast or strong willed as they think), but if its
involuntary then they could get an automatic retreat each turn until
rallied, you could even say they must be the first actions of the new
turn maybe (analogous to PK saying that route moves must be done before
other movement).

Cheers

Beth

Prev: RE: [FMAS][long] AAR: Initiative card draw Next: [ft]Revised Viggen Spinal Mount