Prev: RE: More [OFFICIAL] News from the Shipyards (and the armaments manufacturers!) Next: Re: More [OFFICIAL] News from the Shipyards (and the armaments manufacturers!)

[AAR] initiative card draw

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:25:06 -0400
Subject: [AAR] initiative card draw

Glad there's some traffic on the list this morning--I was worried that
the
entire list had spontaneously unsubbed or gone catatonic after that AAR.
;-)

I wasn't completely happy with the card draw system for two reasons:
a) it didn't feel like the commander had enough influence.  This may be
figment, based on the fact that the commander was mostly interested in
getting away and that I was using FMAS instead of SG.

b) there were times when the character doesn't need to make a
decision--"I'm fleeing, and I'm going to keep fleeing!" and I'm not sure
I'm comfortable with the way a card draw feels for that. I see the card
draw mainly as a simulation of how quickly the unit can make absorb
information and put a decision into effect.

http://mail2web.com/ .